Saturday 25 June 2011

The day my world caved in...

Friday June 17th 2011

 A defining date, not etched on my mind but gauged out with the sharpest blade of the most hidieous knife. The day my world, my life changed forever.

This is my journey,  I have no choice now where I go. The only choice I have is how I get there. I will fight the hardest fight of my life so far. I will survive this and be the victor! I will do this for myself, for my son, my partner, my parents, my whole family and extended family, all of my true friends and for everyone who I know in my heart cares enough to want me to fight this battle and win!
How I found out;
The Consultant enters my recovery cubicle, her head tilted a little to the left, her mouth tight with the corners slightly curving upand sad eyes half lowered..."Im afraid I've found your biggest fear in your colon" she says...with that she starts to disappear into a 'tunnel' that I've created in my mind to make her shrink and vanish!

Sat June 25th 2011

It's been one hell of a week! An emotional rollercoaster...Hell...my own personal purgatory. Waiting. Today I had the CT scan. The procedure itself was a simple and painfree experience. The fear comes from what the CT scan will discover...or on the flipside, the positive side, what it will not. Fingers crossed and pray for the latter.
 By now the biopsy to determine which type, should be with the Consultant and his team. The team should  be able to put all the information that they have on this and determine what can be done - my 'plan'. All sorts of thoughts race around my mind at lightening speed, constantly. The thoughts range from one polar extreme to the other . Positive > pure darkness!
All we can do now is wait...how long...

No comments:

Post a Comment