Thursday 21 July 2011

Thirty years too early!

I met the Oncologist on Tuesday, Dr Falks. Renowned in his field as one of the best. He told me I was 30 years too early to be sat in his office with Bowel Cancer and did I have this in the family? "No" I said,"No one I am aware of has had this on either side of my bloodline...It's just randomly chosen me".

I will start my chemo in about a months time, once I've had time to heal. Im going to do a clinical trial which will give me closer monitoring...I want that. I want to be watched like a hawk. It will put my mind at rest that they check me for the next 7 years to see if this evil has invaded once again.
My chemo will be every 2 weeks for 48hrs, administered through a Pic line (IV) and pumped slowly over this period of time. I will go to the Oncology every week for either 3 months or 6 months depending on which category the computer decides to put me into.

The side affects may be mild or may be severe. We will not know until I start and that scares me more than I can explain. I am such a scardey cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment