Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Triumphant Trip...

On my final day of freedom as I now referred to Monday 15th August 2011, I had lots planned. An early morning clear up and total clean. We both made the house and garden spotless! It reminded me of when I was about to have my son and a last minute 'nesting' period grabbed hold and cleaning was all I could think about! Do I really think that I won't be able to clean for the next 6 months during chemo?!?

However the next part of the planned 'final day' was the exciting part. A friend from work was coming to pick me up and take me out to lunch. The sun was shining and I had no idea where we were going. I do love a surprise...

Twelve thirty arrived and a toot of a horn outside. As I looked to see if it was Nicky, I couldn't believe my eyes! There she was parked up, in her 1965 Triumphant Herald, top down! Oh joy a vintage car ride!
With squeels of joy I jumped aboard and off we went. Heading off to Chew Magna for a little lite lunch.
 Driving through the countryside in 'Hettie' was such a treat. I had my Bridget Jones moment with the hair too! I don't think we ever nudged about 30mph though but everyone who saw us stared in admiration.
Those few hours out and about with Nicky and Hettie were fabulous and I can thoroughly recommend it!
A bloody good way to  escape from my ever closer Oncology appointment to start my chemo.
It really was a Triumphant Trip, thanks Nicky...

No comments:

Post a Comment