Sunday 28 August 2011

"I Get By With A Little Help From My freinds" - John Lennon

This past week (chemo free) has been a joy! Apart from feeling tired quite easily I've felt GOOD. So I've made the most of it and taken every opportunity to catch up with friends and family.

With the added bonus of the August Bank Holiday it was time to catch up with one of my oldest and dearest friends (oldest not in age!) Lunch at the Jolly Sailor pub on the Avon & Kennett Canal on a sunny Sunday, bliss. Spending time with Sharon  makes me feel, not only happy but extremely positive too.

 She has always had a way of putting the right perspective on things. The glass is always three quarters full when I'm with her.

Oxford dictionary definition of  friend: A person who likes and chooses to spend time with you. A sympathiser, helper.
I've also been so lucky to have found many a new, 'virtual' friend through having cancer. We share a common bond. We catch up regularly and have great affection through written word alone.
With my virtual friends scattered to the four corners of the earth, I am never alone day or night. Someone is always awake and ready to talk! It makes insomnia a little less stressful.  StephanieAnn in USA, Gina in Ireland, Pam in New Zealand, Rebecca in Liverpool (well they do speak another language) and Hannah in London .

So, with a little help from my friends, I'm getting by quite nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment