Monday 5 September 2011

Staring at the ceiling...

Having just completed chemo cycle #2 I have to say I now know how it feels to be floored by it! Joanne V Chemo - TKO! However, I am also pleased to tell you that apart from the fatigue, really I've fared quite well...

So, for the last few days I've learned quite a lot about my self. Ive learned to listen to my body, to have no expectation of what I could or couldn't do and mainly I've learned to accept.

Having oodles of time to think, offers a great opportunity to reminisce and also plan. Ive been lucky to have had many fantastic holidays and days out. All of these easily conjured up and ready to brighten the day. Retracing my steps on a Woodland waterfall walk in Wales, walking along the coastal paths with my loved ones in Dorset, watching Meg swim for the first time,  climbing a sand dune in the desert to say hello to the Bedouin...

Then planning for more memory making! In a few weeks our family holiday to Dorset. I cannot begin to tell you how much Im lookin forward to getting away to the coast. A change of scenery is a tonic and in the Victorian era everyone was sent to the coast to recover from illness. Then the big one, visit my darling brother in Dubai, spend time with my beautiful nephews.

Looking forward to getting out and about with fantastic friends in Liverpool. Catching up with my family in London. Going to the 'Lost Gardens of Heligan' (its been on the to do list forever...)

So, you can see, these few days spent staring at the ceiling have been extremely productive and time well spent! Now im feeling brighter Im getting back in the saddle and off I go! Click here to  listen to the song -  'Staring at the ceiling' - Keane

No comments:

Post a Comment