Sunday 15 January 2012

Chemo Carnage Number Nine...

At last I'm back, I'm awake again! These last few days just disappeared into the past. Chemo 9  brought with it another wipe out in Potassium levels. So along with that came tight breathing, foggy brain and fluttery heart beats...no not that kind...although there are a lot of good looking men on TV right now!

I came home with even more medication than Lloyd's the Pharmacy. Lovely Potassium drinks included.


Once chemo finished Friday, I slept and I slept...

I also made sure I had lots of high vitamin fruits and vegetables to combat the toxins. I found a miracle drink too. Thanks to the amazing Papadeli Cafe in Bristol, whose cafe is one of my favourite places to go and eat. Coconut water! Packed with vitamins but also Potassium. There is more Potassium in a 250ml glass of coconut water than there are in two bananas!



This past week Ive received so much love and support too from my friends all over the world. Thanks to Twitter Ive met friends I never would have had the chance to know. I am surrounded by the most caring people and I know that without them this world would be less bright, less warm and very very lonely at times. Thank you for carrying me through the Chemo Carnage!

Now in two days time Chemo 10! Its getting tougher each time but I know that just like an athlete in the race of their life, I will get to the Finish line soon and the end is now in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment